Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Las Vegas: Gordon Ramsay BurGR

Date of visit: February 1, 2014

We came here for a late lunch on Saturday, February 1, 2014. Before coming for the burger, I already had an almond croissant from Jean Philippe Pattisserie (located in Bellagio) and some tacos from China Poblano (located in Cosmopolitan). I did not intend to eat that much stuff before I head to Gordon Ramsay BurGR, but my boyfriend brought up China Poblano very last minute after he read Little Black Book by Hawksworth Restaurant. It was very hard for me to squeeze that particular restaurant into my plan because I have already finished my planning at that time. I decided to head to China Poblano at around 11am for an early lunch. We ordered 4 tacos at China Poblano to try out but I didn't really enjoy any of the tacos, so I still wanted to go to Gordon Ramsy BurGR.

When we arrived Gordon Ramsy BurGR, there was already a long line out the door. I think we waited for about 40 minutes. Normally I would be very upset if I had to wait in line for that long, but that day I didn't care since I was still so full mainly from my giant almond croissant and 2 or 3 bites of the tacos.


Once we were seated we were given an iPad that has the cocktails, wine and beer lists. My boyfriend was upset that the server did not come back to take our order until 20 minutes later, and the server did not bother to check with us again during the entire meal. The milkshake here is supposed to be very good, but we did not try it because we were not that hungry after all and wanted to order one burger per person so we skipped the milkshake and had some lighter drinks instead. We ordered a cocktail, a Pear Cider Beer, Chanterelle Burger ($15) and Britannia Burger ($13). I could not recall the name of the cocktail, but it was very refreshing. I wished we hadn't gone to China Poblano, as then I could have ordered fries and milk shake as well. We both chose to have our patties medium cooked.



The wait time for the food was about 20 minutes, but I didn't care as much as I was too busy enjoying the cocktail that I ordered. When the food finally arrived, I was so excited. I quickly cut them in half so we both could share. I then took pictures of our giant burgers. The burgers tasted very good. I ordered Chanterelle Burger, but I actually liked the Britannia Burger more as I couldn't resist the mango chutney. The burger bun was very thick, so that made the burger look very tall and giant. Our burgers were nicely done. I really enjoyed my cocktail and burger at Gordon Ramsay BurGR, just wished that I ordered some fries....


Service: 2/5
Value: 4/5 (The burger is expensive, but I think it's still a very good value in Vegas as things are getting so expensive in Vegas.)
Food: 4.5/5 (I really love the cocktail that I ordered... but can't remember the name!)





Gordon Ramsay BurGR on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment