Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Las Vegas: Gordon Ramsay Steak

Date of visit: February 1, 2014

One of my boyfriend's very few requests for our Las Vegas trip was to have a dinner at a nice steakhouse. After reading online, we decided to go to Gordon Ramsay Steak for this dinner.

We arrived the restaurant 10 minutes earlier than our reservation time. We were greeted and invited to the bar area to wait while they get our table ready. The bar area was super crowded, so we could just stand there and watched other people eat, awkwardly. We were soon invited to our table once it's ready, and there were two servers helping us with our dinner on that night.

We ordered two appetizers, two main dishes, two sides and one desserts to share. This was way too much for two people, but we ordered them anyway as we really wanted to try.

We were offered 3 types of warm bread with butter. Some steakhouse would serve the bread cold, but it's not the case at Gordon Ramsay. We love bread so much so we finished them all pretty quickly, despite there were many more dishes coming.


For appetizer, my boyfriend picked Hamachi Crudo ($24) and I picked Hudson Valley Foie Gras ($26). Sometimes I just do not understand why he's so obsessed with hamachi sometimes. I really enjoyed the foie gras. I think the foie gras with the pumpkin waffle on the side were a perfect match and quite an interesting pairing. 


For the entree, of course I had to go with the Signature Beef Wellington ($57). It was perfectly cooked, but I guess it's just not my cup of tea as I did not find the puff pastry to be too special. I also did not like the fact that the puff pastry became quite wet and soggy after a while. On the other hand, the steak was a perfect medium rare. I think I will just go for a filet mignon next time I come here. 


Our two sides were Sauteed Mushrooms ($13) and Mac and Cheese ($13). We were too full and could not finish both sides. I packed the mac and cheese and finished it at the hotel, because I'm in love with the Mac and Cheese. I think it is the best mac and cheese that I have tasted in a long time! My boyfriend thought it was weird that there were peas in the mac and cheese, but I actually did not mind it.



No, we could not leave Gordon Ramsay Steak without trying the Sticky Toffee Pudding. I was never a fan of toffee because I think its just overly sweet and quite boring. Fortunately, Gordon Ramsay changed my mind. The sticky toffee pudding was so delicious that I almost wanted to order a second one. 


We had a wonderful time here and enjoyed almost all the dishes that we ordered. However, I think I will just have filet mignon instead of beef wellington next time. Oh, and maybe one dessert for me or I do not have share the yummy sticky toffee pudding.  

Service: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Food: 4/5



Gordon Ramsay Steak on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment