Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Las Vegas: Max Brenner Chocolate by the Bald Man

Though Max Brenner Chocolate by the Bald Man Las Vagas has a mixed review, I still gave it a try because I just simply could not resist any sweets. It turned out that my boyfriend and I both like it and we even went for a second visit.

Our first visit was on January 30, 2014. We went there for the late night happy hour because we were too full from the lunch buffet at Bacchanal Buffet and did not have dinner. The restaurant was quite dead when we arrived around 9:30pm. I thought it would be busier but there were just three or four tables either having dinner or dessert.



The late night happy hour is 9:00pm-close and available at the bar only, so we grabbed a seat at the bar. The server was very friendly and kept checking in with us throughout our meal, which was great. The happy hour menu was a little different than the one that I saw online as it no longer includes The Mini Philly. Some other things were also missing from the happy hour. Each happy hour item is $6.We ordered the 80's Milkshake ($7.95), The Brenner Burgers ($6) and Buffalo Chicken Sliders ($6).

The super tasty 80's Milkshake came in an Alice Cup. The chocolate milkshake was very thick and had a strong chocolate flavor. It was very unique as there was a scoop of vanilla ice cream wrapped with a crunchy chocolate shell.




Both The Brenner Burgers ($6) and Buffalo Chicken Sliders ($6) came with a set of two and waffle fries. I think it was a very generous portion for the happy hour menu. I really enjoyed the brenner burgers, but the buffalo chicken sliders were unfortunately too salty and not edible. The waffle fries were very crispy; portion was good for happy hour menu, but I wished that I had more fries as they were so yummy.





2nd date of visit: February 1, 2014

Because we love chocolate so much, we came here again. Yes, after our very fulfilling dinner at Gordon Ramsay Steak. I was still so full, but always had room for (a second) dessert. This time we ordered Chocolate Hazelnut Milkshake ($7.95) and The Melting Chocolate Truffle Heart Cake & Shake ($14.95).



I regretted ordering the Chocolate Hazelnut Milkshake and should have just ordered the 80's Milkshake because it was so yummy.The chocolate hazelnut milkshake was tasty but nothing special. I couldn't finish the milkshake this time as there was too much whipped cream. There was no whipped on the 80's Milkshake, so I guess that's also why I liked that more. The Melting Chocolate Truffle Heart Cake & Shake was a combination of desserts: milk & white chocolate heart cake served with creamy vanilla ice cream, red berries and an iced milk chocolate shot (milkshake actually).


And yes, I still cannot believe that we did not get to order the Illegal Chocolate Pancakes or the Chocolate Pizza. We were not very hungry the both times we were there, so we did not get to try...



Service: 4/5
Value: 4/5
Food: 4/5





Max Brenner Chocolate by The Bald Man on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment