Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Las Vegas: Wicked Spoon

Date of visit: January 31, 2014

We came here on Friday morning for the breakfast buffet at Wicked Spoon, which is located inside Cosmopolitan. It was $26 per person for the breakfast buffet.



I really liked the buffet layout in Wicked Spoon. The seating is in the outer area, and the food is located in the inner area.

Lots of breakfast items were served in this buffet: Salad, Croissant, Eggs Benedict, French Toast, Red Velvet Pancake... etc. There were also some other items like Korean Beef Rib, Prime Rib, Bone Marrow, Fried Chicken, Mac & Cheese, Pork Belly... etc. However, I found the Korean Beef Rib and Pork Belly to be too salty. The Prime Rib was pretty rare, which I really liked. I also really liked the Mac & Cheese and wanted to grab a second one if I wasn't already full. I tried to stay away from the Japanese & Chinese food section as those can be a disappointment.


The desserts here were definitely delicious. Most of the stuff that I tried were all very delicious. The Apple Cumble was not overly sweet or dry. It was full of crispy apple. The Chocolate molten cake was also very good.


The chocolate-covered strawberry is a must-try. It totally lives up to hype. I have had chocolate-covered strawberry in the past but none of them impressed me like this one. The chocolate-covered strawberry here is covered with milk chocolate, but one side with just chocolate and the other side with some crunchy chocolate bits. When I took my first bite, I was "wowed" by the crunchy chocolate bits. The Apple Crumble and Chocolate Molten cake were both so delicious that I almost grabbed a second set... Thai Tea Ice Cream was also very tasty.



Overall it was a great buffet experience. While it is pricier than some other buffet places in Las Vegas, I think paying a bit extra is worth it. The environment of the restaurant, the presentation and the taste of the food were also much nicer than other Las Vegas buffets that I have seen.

Service: 4/5
Value: 4/5
Food: 4/5




Wicked Spoon on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment